What is ASHA?
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for more than 173,070 audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel, and students.
- Speech-language pathologists identify, assess, and treat speech and language problems, including swallowing disorders.
- Vision: Making effective communication, a human right, accessible and achievable for all.
- Mission: Empowering and supporting audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists through: advancing science, setting standards, fostering excellence in professional practice, and advocating for members and those they serve.
- Learn more about ASHA at their website: www.asha.org.